A Hoax Worldcon bid run by Mike Sinclair and Christa Sinclair which ran in the late 80s allegedly to bring the Worldcon to the USSR. The bid was Communist Party/USSR themed, gave out "passports" and generally pretty funny.
It started at a Midwestcon when they noticed that the upcoming Worldcon bid parties seemed dull and Christa Sinclair made a joke about the current summit meeting in Reykjavik that it was a GorbyCon. One thing led to another and soon a flyer for Say Da to Moscow appeared on the freebie table.
Bid committee members included:
- “Mikhail Sinclair” Mike Sinclair — Party Theoretician and General Secretary
- Bruce Pelz — Hotel Liaison
- Tony Ubelhor — Minister of Propaganda
- Maureen Dorris — Minister of Defensive Camouflage
- Jack Reed — Chronicler Emeritus
- Genny Dazzo — Party Member
- Jon Stopa — Agent
- Joni Stopa — Agent
|This is a stub bid page. Please extend it by adding information about who was bidding, officers, committee list, what they were bidding for, who their opponents were, and anything notable about the bid, etc.|