The 1968 Best Novella Hugo was presented September 1 at Baycon. Baycon seems to have had a very schizophrenic attitude towards releasing the order of finish in the various categories. The always listed the second place finisher, but only sometimes did they list third place, and they did not rank anything that finished lower than third place.
- "Riders of the Purple Wage" by Philip Jose Farmer [Dangerous Visions, 1967]
- "Weyr Search" by Anne McCaffrey [Analog Oct 1967]
- #3 "Damnation Alley" by Roger Zelazny [Galaxy Oct 1967]
- "The Star Pit" by Samuel R. Delany [Worlds of Tomorrow Feb 1967]
- "Hawksbill Station" by Robert Silverberg [Galaxy Aug 1967]