The 1964 Best Novel Hugo was presented September 6 at Pacificon II. For the first time we have an order of finish for all awards. We also have the vote totals. The vote was a simple plurality vote without the modern Transferable Preferential Ballot.
1. Way Station (alt: Here Gather the Stars) by Clifford D. Simak [(Galaxy Jun, Aug 1963) (63 votes)
2. Glory Road by Robert A. Heinlein (F&SF Jul, Aug, Sep 1963; Putnam, 1963) (54 votes)
2. (tie) Witch World by Andre Norton (Ace, 1963) (54 votes)
4. Dune World by Frank Herbert (Analog Dec 1963, Jan, Feb 1964) (51 votes)
5. Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. (Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1963) (30 votes)
No vote received 15 votes
No Award received 7 votes